Current Board Positions (Non-Executive)
- ABSA Group Ltd (Chairman)
- ABSA Bank Ltd (Chairman)
- ABSA Financial Services Ltd (Chairman)
- Afrika Tikkun NPC
- The Millennium Labour Council (Member)
- Lifeco UnLtd SA (Life Champion)
- Shoprite Holdings Ltd (Chair Designate)
Community-Based Activities / Committees
- Since 1994, Wendy has been involved in facilitating strong partnerships between business and government. She was founding chairman of Business Against Crime (“BAC”).
- She was founding Chairman of Partners for Housing, which was a Not-for-Profit Company set up at the request of Minister Lindiwe Sisulu to facilitate partnership between the private sector and national and local government to accelerate the provision of housing for those in need and to advance the creation of sustainable human settlements.
- She was a representative of South Africa on the Global Trade and Poverty Forum (a project of the German Marshall Fund). As an extension of this she examined initiatives in India, South America and the rest of Africa where sustainable development has been achieved using natural agricultural resources and/or waste from large industry.
- She was a Member of the Board of CIDA City Campus.
- She was a Trustee and the Treasurer of the Isigodlo Trust, which is the vehicle established to support the South African Women in Dialogue (SAWID) initiative. SAWID has facilitated many national, provincial and local dialogues over the last 5 years all focused on women working together for development and the elimination of poverty. In addition SAWID has been involved in peace dialogues in the DRC, Burundi and Sudan, as well as review missions to Chile and Tunisia.
- She was a Member of the Minister of Housing Advisory Panel, and the Gauteng MEC for Safety and Security Advisory Panel. She was a Trustee of Alex Children’s Clinic Friends Trust.
- She was a member of the National Jobs Fund Investment Committee.
- She is a Trustee of the JSE Empowerment Fund.